Summer Storage for International Undergraduate Students
The International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) and the Department of Community Living (DCL) coordinate the offering of limited on-campus summer storage space for enrolled international undergraduate students returning to campus for the next academic year.
Storage space is available on a first-come, first-served basis through an online signup process (conducted in March) to provide a fair opportunity to all eligible students to qualify for an on-campus summer storage space. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an on-campus storage space to all qualified students (currently, there are approximately 80 spaces available).
Information about Summer Storage for International Undergraduate Students procedures is shared in March each year to all international undergraduate students via ISSOnews.
General Notes about Summer Storage:
- Be sure to read thoroughly the instruction email sent out by ISSO/DCL regarding the online sign-up procedures and summer storage policies.
- All your items must fit into a 3’ x 4’ x 2.5’ carrel.
- You are expected to have belongings packed in boxes (purchased on your own) and tightly secured. Items not secured in a box will not be allowed in the storage space (excluding refrigerators).
- You are responsible for transporting your items. Community Living staff will provide you with stickers to properly label the boxes.
- You should not leave any valuable belongings (computers, TVs, etc.), or any items you will need upon immediate return (linens, toiletries, mobile phones, etc.).
- A deposit of $50 will be charged to your account when you are assigned a space. This $50 dollars will be refunded when you retrieve your belongings. (Note that the deposit will not be refunded if you fail to drop off your belongings or do not cancel your space reservation by the designated deadline).
- The University is not responsible for any damage or theft that may occur. Therefore, you are encouraged to make sure that any items you do choose to leave are covered under your own personal insurance.
- Once stored, items will not be available until the scheduled pick up times in August, except in cases of emergency.
Off-Campus Storage Options:If you do not secure an on-campus storage space, or require more storage than provided on-campus, it is recommended to reach out to Storage Squad, which has a relationship with Brandeis University's Student Service Bureau (SSB). You can contact the Student Service Bureau by email (email@example.com) or visit their website for more information about storage (http://www.brandeis.edu/studentaffairs/activities/ssb.html).