Elementary General and Judaic Studies Program Overview
Students in the Elementary MAT (Delet) program earn a Master of Arts in Teaching in elementary education, and are eligible for initial teaching licensure (grades 1 - 6) from the State of Massachusetts. Delet is a personalized and inquiry-based program where students work closely with outstanding faculty and fellow students in a cohort model. Research and practice, coursework and fieldwork are closely integrated. The program is 13 months long with two summers of full time coursework at Brandeis University and a full time internship during the academic year in a local day school.
Delet focuses on an integrated model of general and Judaic studies preparing students to teach reading, writing, math, Jewish holidays, Torah, and anything else.
Thanks to the Jim Joseph Foundation, we are able to offer generous tuition scholarships.
- Generous tuition scholarships
- Two summers of study and a year-long mentored internship
- Small, personal learning environment
- Close integration of courses and fieldwork
- Help in getting placed as a teacher in a Jewish Day School
- Support during the first two years of teaching
- Membership in a growing alumni network