The IGS curriculum was changed in spring 2010. The requirements on this page apply to all students entering Brandeis in fall 2010 and after.
Students who started at Brandeis prior to fall 2010 may choose to meet the old requirements or the requirements on this page.
Requirements for the Minor
- IGS 10a (Introduction to International and Global Studies)
- ANTH 1a (Introduction to the Comparative Study of Human Societies)
- ECON 28b (Global Economy) or IGS 8a (Economic Principles and Globalization), and
- POL 15a (Introduction to International Relations)
Two courses from any of the following three distributional categories:
- Global Media, Culture, and the Arts
- Global Governance, Conflict, and Responsibility
- Global Economy, Health, and Environment
No more than three of these courses may count toward another minor.
All Brandeis courses used to fulfill the requirements of the IGS minor must be taken for a letter grade (not pass/fail) and must be C or above.