Research Award Recipients
"Between Arabic, Hebrew, and Latin: Jewish Translators of Islamic Sciences in the Medieval Kingdom of Sicily"
"A Cultural History of Spanish Jewish Writer Rafael Cansinos Assens"
"The Law of 1905 and the French Jewish Community"
"Visions of Jewish Domination in the Plutodemocrazie"
"The Impact of the Six-Day War on Jewish-Christian Relations in America"
Graduate Research Awards
Information for 2013-2014
Proposal deadline: December 10, 2013
The Tauber Institute offers grants for pre-dissertation and dissertation research in any academic discipline of Jewish Studies.* Grants up to $5000 will be awarded to cover travel expenses (such as visits to archives), purchase of research materials such as microfilm (but excluding books), and costs of data collection and processing.
All students enrolled in a doctoral program at Brandeis University are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to students who have successfully completed their course work by the end of the 2013-2014 academic year.
Proposals should include:
- title and the objectives of the research project; and an explanation of how this research constitutes an integral part of your doctoral research
- description of research plans, including data to be used, methodology, description of sources, etc
- breakdown of specific expenditures to be covered by the grant
- letter of recommendation from faculty advisor
- names of other granting agencies to which you have applied
- curriculum vita
- originality and creativity of the research proposal
- importance of the proposed dissertation to the applicant’s field
- appropriateness of primary-source collections and institutions in which the applicant proposes to conduct research
Decisions concerning applications will be made on the recommendation of the Faculty Advisory Committee of the Tauber Institute.
* For grants in Israel Studies please contact the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, Brandeis University
Submit Proposals to:
The Tauber Institute for the Study of European Jewry
Lown 306A; Mail Stop 075
Deadline is: December 10, 2013
Awards will be announced by February 12, 2014
Proposals will be accepted on line sent to: email@example.com
*For grants in Israel Studies please contact the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, Brandeis University.
Read our Grant Writing Guide for Tauber as well as other grants, prepared by Professor ChaeRan Freeze. See also a sample proposal to NEH by Professor Freeze. Also see our listing of available grants.
For more information:
781-736-2125; Fax: 781-736-2070;