Research Award Recipients
Graduate Research Awards 2016-2017
"Preaching to Their Own: How Jewish Converts Shaped Missionary Discourse in Nineteenth-Century Russia"
"A History of Disability: the Deaf-Mute Jewish Population in Poland in the Interwar Period"
"Jewish Sex Trafficking and the Response of the British Chief Rabbinate"
Graduate Research Awards
Information for 2016-2017
Proposal deadline: December 7, 2016
The Tauber Institute offers grants for pre-dissertation and dissertation research in any academic discipline of Jewish Studies.* Grants up to $5000 will be awarded to cover travel expenses (such as visits to archives), purchase of research materials such as microfilm (but excluding books), and costs of data collection and processing.
All students enrolled in a doctoral program at Brandeis University are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to students who have successfully completed their course work by the end of the 2015-2016 academic year.
Proposals should include:
- title and the objectives of the research project; and an explanation of how this research constitutes an integral part of your doctoral research
- description of research plans, including data to be used, methodology, description of sources, etc
- breakdown of specific expenditures to be covered by the grant
- letter of recommendation from faculty advisor
- names of other granting agencies to which you have applied
- originality and creativity of the research proposal
- importance of the proposed dissertation to the applicant’s field
- appropriateness of primary-source collections and institutions in which the applicant proposes to conduct research
Decisions concerning applications will be made on the recommendation of the Faculty Advisory Committee of the Tauber Institute.
* For grants in Israel Studies please contact the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, Brandeis University
SUBMIT PROPOSALS TO
The Tauber Institute for the Study of European Jewry
Lown 306A; Mail Stop 075
DEADLINE IS: DECEMBER 7, 2016
Awards will be announced by February 13, 2017
Proposals will be accepted on line sent to:email@example.com