Services for Graduate Students

Student Accessibility Support (SAS) provides a range of supports to graduate students with disabilities. If at any point you have questions about the accommodations process, please feel free to reach out to Student Accessibility Support. He can help you navigate the process or answer any questions you might have. If you are an undergraduate student, please visit our Services for Undergraduate Students page for more information about requesting accommodations.

Requesting Accommodations

request Accommodations Now

Disclosing a disability and requesting accommodations are personal decisions. Brandeis does not require you to disclose the existence of a disability, but requesting accommodations does require that you disclose your disability. Be sure to contact SAS as soon as possible to ensure all your accommodations are delivered in a timely manner.

If you are ready to request accommodations, please follow these easy steps:

  1. Submit your initial request and documentation - Complete the “Initial Accommodation Request - Graduate Students”.  If you do not include disability documentation when completing the form, then please contact Student Accessibility Support for additional instructions.
  2. Schedule a meeting - After completing the request form, email Student Accessibility Support for a meeting.
  3. Meet with SAS - Meet with an accessibility specialist to discuss your personal history and the accommodations you are requesting

After the meeting with an accessibility specialist, SAS will prepare a confidential letter for you to take to each instructor, and will help coordinate other services as necessary.

Request Forms

This is a listing of the relevant request forms. All forms are completed online and are confidential. 

Grievance or Appeals Procedure

If a student has a concern about a disability accommodation that was denied or only partially granted by Student Accessibility Support (SAS) or a concern about how a disability accommodation (approved by SAS) is being implemented in the classroom, that student may be able to file a grievance.

For more information, see the ADA/Section 504 Student Grievance Process on the Office of Equal Opportunity website.