SAS Letter - February 2019
Remember to talk to us about anything! Book a meeting easily by calling reception at 781.736.3470.
In this letter, we want to get your attention regarding planning for your final exams. : ) Seriously, finals already...?
The semester flies by, so here are things to consider now:
Cross-check with your syllabus with the Spring Final Exam Schedule!
Some instructors do not give final exams.
(They may have other plans for the end of the course such as a final paper, presentation, or in-class test on the last class day.)
- If you do so (with your instructor’s approval), that exam will be scheduled for the Conflict Resolution Exam time block on the last day of finals.
- Refer to the Registrar’s website for Final Exams for further information on moving a final to the Conflict Resolution Exam Period.
- The faculty and Registrar are not responsible for moving an exam date due to your flights or plans.
- We recommend that you remain proactive by taking a look at the final exam schedule and planning ahead!
- Approximately 6 weeks prior to the final exams period, we send out important information pertaining to final exam accommodations.
- Accommodations for Final Exams take much preparation and coordination between Student Accessibility Support and the Office of the University Registrar, and your input is required.
- It is critical that students respond to us, and update us regarding changes that occur after you have already replied.
- Your communication and updates are the only way for us to guarantee that you will receive the accommodations you’ve indicated for each final exam. Help us, help you!
Please let us know if you have any questions. We're here for you.
The Student Accessibility Support (SAS) Team
Elizabeth Nako, Accessibility Specialist – undergrads
Kaitlyn Rogers, Accessibility Specialist – undergrads
Jaspreet Mahal, Program Administrator
Lenny Prado, Alt-Format Editor
Scott Lapinski, Accessibility Specialist – grad students
Beth Rodgers-Kay, Director