Services for Undergraduate Students

Your key connection to accommodations and support is through Student Accessibility Support. Please contact our office for support. If you are a graduate student, please visit our Services for Graduate Students page for more information about requesting accommodations.

Requesting Accommodations

Disclosing a disability and requesting accommodations are personal decisions. Brandeis does not require a student to disclose the existence of a disability, but students who wish to request accommodations must do so.

To request accommodations:

Taking these letters to instructors serves as the official notification to faculty of their need to provide accommodations. More importantly, though, students are best served when they use the letters to facilitate communication and self-advocacy, and as a starting point for an ongoing conversation with their faculty members.

At the beginning of each semester, students must again notify the director of their new course schedules and request that letters be generated for that semester. If at any time a student wishes to seek further accommodations or modifications of the original accommodations, the student should make an appointment to explore their concerns.

Determination of Accommodations

Accommodations are based on two considerations:

Grievance or Appeals Procedure

To initiate a grievance or appeals procedure, the student sends a letter naming the decision s/he wishes to appeal to:

Disability Appeals Process
Student Accessibility Support
Usdan 130, MS 001
Brandeis University
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453