Brandeis’ Fall 2021 semester is being conducted predominantly in-person. Students, faculty, and staff coming to campus should comply with all measures required within the Campus Passport, including testing and taking the Daily Health Assessment. For complete information, visit the COVID-19 Response website.
Contact information: email@example.com or 781-736-3237
The Department of Community Service (DCS) will offer in-person and Zoom meetings (one-to-one or group) to help students engage in direct service, advocacy, and think strategically to enhance future programs and find ways to be active in their communities. DCS will continue to provide leadership training, club consultations and advising, personal and group reflections, letters of reference, and will assist with logging of hours in the Commitment to Service Award program.
Watch the 2020 Virtual Celebration of Service video and read more about the award winners!
- We are committed to the Brandeis Anti-Racist Plan. You can view our response to the Black Action Plan and follow our updates.
- Meetings can be scheduled during business hours (Monday- Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST) by calling DCS or emailing an advisor directly.
- As we discovered new possibilities for the community and students alike a portal for virtual volunteering and resources will remain active.
- Virtual volunteering hours are generally approved, but please review the guidelines.
- All students in the Waltham Group Community Engagement Practicum will move to a virtual class.
Within Community Comes Unity
The Department of Community Service, with a slogan of "Within Community Comes Unity" is dedicated to providing students, faculty and staff with relevant volunteer experiences that match the needs of our neighbors, as well as the skills and interests of our student volunteers. The department seeks to establish sustainable and reciprocal partnerships with local social service, governmental, educational and cultural agencies as we advise and support community service initiatives.
Our endeavors include fostering a community member who is civically engaged as an advocate, volunteer and educated citizen. We strive to embody the mission of the university and core values of the Dean of Students Office through experiential service opportunities, collaboration with the academy and intentional reflection.
Student service outreach is done primarily through the Waltham Group, a student-led community service organization.
Check out our Facebook page for upcoming events and photos from previous community service projects!