Guidance for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
For the purposes of campus health, all students — whether undergraduate or graduate — are under the purview of the Student Health Center at Brandeis University. The providers at the Student Health Center work closely with the Brandeis Contact Tracing Program team to provide guidance on all matters related to COVID exposure, testing, isolation requirements and return to campus activities after infection or exposure.
It is the policy of Brandeis University that all students — whether undergraduate or graduate — must follow the instructions of the providers at the Student Health Center and the Contact Tracing team regarding access to campus and infectious or communicable diseases. Students who fail to follow these instructions will be subject to disciplinary action through the Dean of Students Office.
Please follow the guidance provided in these pages regarding COVID protocols for engaging in campus activities. Brandeis University has developed its protocols based upon guidance from the CDC, the MA Department of Public Health, and data gathered from our own campus community.
- All students should come to school with a supply of at-home rapid COVID-19 tests. Both rapid and PCR testing will be available to students — both undergraduate and graduate — at the Student Health Center by appointment only. But it’s always most convenient to have a stock handy in case you develop symptoms on a weekend or off-hours. See Testing Resources for where to obtain tests.
- If you test positive to COVID, STAY IN YOUR ROOM OR AT HOME; do not come to campus. A positive is a positive, whether on a rapid test or a PCR. If you are living on campus, you may order food via Grab-n-Go and pick it up outdoors while wearing a mask, and then return directly to your room.
- All positive COVID-19 tests among Brandeis students, whether undergraduate or graduate, must be reported to the Brandeis Contact Tracing Program by emailing email@example.com This is important for exemptions to testing and other requirements.
- If you feel unwell and are unsure if you should engage in campus activities, please contact the Student Health Center to discuss your concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-736-3677
- Important contacts: Email the Brandeis Contact Tracing Team (email@example.com) with any questions or needs related to exposure, testing positive, or support during your isolation.