The Crown Center has compiled a list of Middle East-related internships, from which students may begin their search for opportunities to enrich their studies at Brandeis. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, and the Crown Center has no connections to the institutions listed here. Students should also review the Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies program's page of scholarships, internships, and language study programs for additional opportunities that may be eligible for funding by the Crown Center grant.
- The Middle East Institute — The Middle East Institute offers a small number of research assistant internships with MEI Adjunct Scholars. MEI provides a venue for scholars and senior policy analysts of diverse backgrounds and nationalities to work on contemporary issues regarding the region.
- The American Enterprise Institute — The American Enterprise Institute's Summer Honors Program is an intensive, fully funded educational and professional development opportunity in Washington, DC, for top undergraduate students. Participants in the program have the chance to connect with the ideas, research, and network of AEI, one of America's preeminent policy think tanks.
Arab Center Washington DC — Arab Center Washington DC (ACW) offers internship opportunities for undergraduate students, graduate students or recent graduates. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to this unique growing think tank and learn through events and research activities related to the Arab world and U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East.
The National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations — The National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations' Internship and Summer Scholars Program offers undergraduate and graduate students a 10-week professional, academic and career opportunity internship with an organization from the nation's capital. The program features a demanding mix of professional involvement, intellectual challenge, career exploration and cross-cultural encounters designed to provide students with a rich and varied experience.
- Center for Strategic & International Studies — The Middle East Program takes on full-time, paid interns each spring, summer, and fall. The Middle East Program's analysis focuses on the drivers of change in the region. The Middle East Program will call for summer 2021 intern applications in late March.
- The Brookings Institution — The Brookings Internship program provides an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students from diverse backgrounds to engage in career exploration and development as well as a chance to learn new skills. The mission of the Internship program is to provide students and recent graduates with a pre-professional, meaningful, and practical work experience related to the student’s field of study or career interest.
- The Wilson Center — The Middle East Program concentrates on long-term developments and how such issues impact stability and growth in the region and its relations with the United States. The Middle East Program's meetings, conferences and reports assess the policy implications of regional developments (political, economic, and social), the Middle East's role in the international arena, American interests in the region, strategic threats to and from the regional states, and the role and future prospects of the region's energy resources.
- The Washington Institute for Near East Policy — The Institute's prestigious intern and research assistant programs also provide a pathway for college graduates and graduate students to begin the transformation from young scholar to promising analyst and future policymaker.
- The Atlantic Council — The Atlantic Council’s Young Global Professionals Program is designed for individuals in their junior or senior years of undergraduate studies or graduate students with a passion for learning and contributing to the Atlantic Council's mission to shape the global future together.
- Project on Middle East Democracy — The Project on Middle East Democracy (POMED) offers a number of summer internships in policy (regional, Egypt, Tunisia, Gulf, Turkey), research and communications.