The Brandeis Intercultural Center is committed to providing a nurturing and inclusive haven where racially minoritized and Indigenous groups can come together to connect, build coalitions and cultivate mutual understanding. Our goal is to foster a sense of belonging and engagement within the Brandeis community on matters of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
Our mission is to:
- Celebrate Diversity: Embrace the diversity of cultures, identities, and backgrounds, recognizing that our collective strength lies in our differences.
- Amplify Voices: Elevate the voices of racially minoritized and Indigenous communities, offering a platform for the development of our stories, experiences, and perspectives to be shared and valued.
- Build Coalition: Facilitate the formation of coalitions that bridge divides, promote understanding, and work collectively to dismantle systemic barriers and advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Cultivate Inclusivity: Create an environment where every individual, regardless of their identity, feels safe, respected, and empowered to be their authentic selves.
- Educate and Advocate: Provide resources, education, and advocacy to drive awareness and action on issues of equity, inclusion, and intercultural understanding.
Our Intercultural Center stands as a sanctuary where historically underrepresented groups come together to create a world where every person is valued, where every culture is celebrated, and where true community and solidarity thrive.
- The Intercultural Center located in Swig Hall, and its clubs are committed to identity development, cultural diversity programming and cross-cultural interaction. The ICC offers a range of opportunities to the Brandeis community for engagement, learning and activism.
- We have a computer lounge with several computers ready to be utilized by Brandeis students.
- Swig Hall has a variety of spaces that can be transformed to meet your needs.
- The ICC has a unique in-house library available to all students to check-out.