Course Reserves Borrowing
Course Reserve materials are course-related textbooks, books, articles, videos, etc., that are available either physically or electronically upon an instructor’s request.
Finding Course Reserve Materials
You can search for course reserve materials through the OneSearch library catalog. To limit your search to course materials, select “Course Reserves” library catalog from the drop-down menu in the search box. You can search course materials by keyword, title, author, class by course number (e.g. ANTH 1A), course name, or instructor.The Library has created a step-by-step guide to accessing digitized books on reserve.
Borrowing Course Reserve Materials
Physical course reserves, such as books, DVDs and CDs are located behind the Information and Borrowing Desk on the first level of the Goldfarb Library. Unlike materials from the stacks, reserve materials have the following restrictions:
|Course Reserve Books & Personal Reserves||2 hours*||$2 per hour|
|Course Reserve Media (DVD, CD, etc)||4 hours*||$2 per hour|
* Library-owned books may be taken out of the library within 2 hours of closing and are due at opening the next day. Personal reserve items cannot leave the library.
Restrictions on Physical Course Reserve Materials
- Reserve items must be used in the library.
- Students may only borrow one reserve item at a time, unless the items are loaned as a pair.
- Reserve materials cannot be renewed. Users must wait 10 minutes before borrowing an item for a second time.
- Students with an accessibility accommodation can obtain a digitized copy of a book; visit the Student Accessibility Support page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make use of this service.
Finding Course Videos in LATTE
Some instructors may show videos through LATTE. Only videos that your instructor has specifically requested for LATTE are available online. To view your videos, locate the "Course Videos” link in the top block of your LATTE homepage under Course Announcements. LATTE videos are accessible only to students enrolled in the course and only for the duration of the course. No public showings are permitted.
For help viewing LATTE Videos, contact the Technology Help Desk at email@example.com.
INSTRUCTORS: For information on how to put materials on course reserve visit the course reserve request page.