- Open a Brandeis email account. You'll need one to register for classes. Your account will be active within 48 hours of signing up. Manage your account settings.
- If you bring a computer, we suggest a laptop, which can be purchased at a student discount. Either Mac or PC is acceptable. If you bring a desktop, make sure to get a wireless card. (There are no wired Ethernet ports in the residence halls.)
- Antivirus software is free to Brandeis students. Microsoft Office 365 is free for Brandeis students. For both, log in with your Brandeis username and password.
- Bring a cell phone. All major cell phone carriers have service on campus.
- Pack these key items to save headaches later:
- Bring any media that came with your computer (e.g. CDs, USB stick), particularly those pertaining to the Windows operating system.
- An external hard drive for backing up your data.
- A 25-foot coaxial cable if you are bringing a cable-ready TV.
- A USB cable for your printer. Wireless printing is not supported in the residence halls, and rogue wireless printers will be discovered and disabled. Public printing is also available in the library and other locations on campus for a fee.
- A surge protector (not a power strip).
Do you have questions about any of the above tips or other technical questions? Visit the Library & Technology Services website, call the LTS Help Desk at 781-736-HELP, or visit the Help Desk in the main library.