- Open a Brandeis email account. You'll need one to register for classes. Your account will be active within 48 hours of signing up. Manage your account settings.
- If you bring a computer, we suggest a laptop, which can be purchased at a student discount, once you have created your Brandeis login. Either Mac or PC is acceptable. If you bring a desktop, make sure to get a wireless card. (There are no wired Ethernet ports in the residence halls.)
- Microsoft Office 365 is free for Brandeis students. To access, log in with your Brandeis username and password.
- Bring a cell phone. All major cell phone carriers have service on campus.
- Pack these key items to save headaches later:
- Bring any media that came with your computer (e.g. CDs, USB stick), particularly those pertaining to the Windows operating system.
- An external hard drive for backing up your data.
- A USB cable for your printer. Wireless printing is not supported in the residence halls, and rogue wireless printers will be discovered and disabled. Public printing is also available in the library and other locations on campus for a fee.
- A surge protector (not a power strip).
Do you have questions about any of the above tips or other technical questions? Visit the Information Technology Services (ITS) website, call the ITS Help Desk at 781-736-HELP, or visit the Technology Help Desk on Level 1 of the Goldfarb Main Library.