Queer Academics and Activism
July 20 - 24, 2020
Young people across the country are embracing the opportunity to make change. The powerful history of the related social movement must anchor their labors. LGBTQIA+ teens and their allies are particularly engaged in movement building in light of the current political climate. Many, however, are not fully informed about how their work continues that of previous generations of activists. By understanding the history of struggles around LGBTQIA+ rights and access to community services, and using it as a touchpoint, young leaders are better equipped to create constructive paths forward. Universities can be invaluable training grounds for teens—members of the LGBTQIA+ community and allies alike—for whom this intellectual framework will ground and inform their work, and extend their creativity, passion, and drive.
In the online Queer Academics and Activism Program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Study and research the history and future of the LGBTQIA+ community through an academic lens.
- Connect with faculty experts and leaders in the field while working toward making a difference for the future of LGBTQIA+ youth.
- Gain insights into queer activism through research and scholarship.
- Engage in active learning through speaker presentations, faculty lectures and discussions.
- Acquire theories of practice and a language that will guide effective engagement culminating in a plan for action in your communities.
- Engage with a community of diverse yet liked-minded peers.
Online Program Details and Costs
- The fee for the Precollege QAA Online program is $850.00.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Enrollment is limited. Please register as soon as possible.
- There are no application fees or deposits for Precollege Online courses. If you paid your deposit or course fee for our residential sessions, please see our FAQs page for more information.
- If you received a full or partial scholarship for our residential programs, or are waitlisted for a scholarship, please see our FAQs page for more information.
- All Precollege Online programs are non-credit bearing courses.