Developed in 1874 by physician A.T. Still, osteopathic medicine is one of the fastest growing healthcare professions in the U.S. and brings a unique philosophy to traditional medicine. With a strong emphasis on the inter-relationship of the body's nerves, muscles, bones and organs, doctors of osteopathic medicine (D.O.s) apply the philosophy of treating the whole person to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, disease and injury.
- About Osteopathic Medicine (from the American Osteopathic Association - AOA)
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM)
- List of US DO-Granting Medical Schools
- Find a DO - AOA Search Engine
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS)