- American University of the Caribbean - St. Maarten
- Ben-Gurion University M.D. Program in International Health and Medicine - Be'er Sheva, Israel
- Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences - Poznan, Poland
- Ross University School of Medicine - Dominica, West Indies
- Sackler School of Medicine--New York State/American Program - Tel Aviv, Israel
- St. George's University - Grenada, West Indies
- Technion University - Haifa, Israel
Overseas Medical Programs
Medical schools outside the U.S. are referred to variously as "foreign," "off-shore," or "international." Some students who go to international medical schools have exotic reasons for their decision, such as wanting to escape their home state or country, but most do so because they believe they cannot gain admission to a U.S. medical school.
There are many reasons that advisors discourage students from pursuing their education at an overseas medical school, including drop-out rate, cost, and difficulty in returning to practice in the US.