Pharmacists distribute prescription drugs to individuals. They also advise their patients, as well as physicians and other health practitioners, on the selection, dosages, interactions, and side effects of medications. Pharmacists monitor the health and progress of patients to ensure the safe and effective use of medication. Most pharmacists work in a community setting, such as a retail drugstore, or in a health care facility, such as a hospital, nursing home, mental health institution, or neighborhood health clinic.
- Overview of the Career Field (from US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Is Pharmacy for You? (from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy - AACP)
- Accredited Schools of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) Homepage
- AACP Online Application Service (PharmCAS)