Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Ph.D., Texas A&M University
Our laboratory seeks to interface molecular inorganic/organometallic chemistry and materials science with the goals of developing more effective catalysts for energy-relevant chemical transformations and materials for small molecule and ion separation. Within this scope, we will focus on understanding how the reactivity of metal fragments site-isolated in porous coordination networks differs from that of homogeneous analogs and how factors such as pore size, hydrophilicity, and charge influence the interaction of molecules and ions with functional porous materials. The development of new synthetic methods and materials will play a key role in these studies. Solution and solid state characterization techniques including X-ray diffraction, gas porosimetry, thermogravimetric analysis, ICP-OES, and NMR, IR, and UV-Vis spectroscopies will provide the toolbox for delineating the structure and function of these materials.
Sample of Recent Publications
- Investigation of the synthesis, activation, and isosteric heats of CO2 adsorption of the isostructural series of metal-organic frameworks M3(BTC)2 (M = Cr, Fe, Ni, Cu, Mo, Ru). Wade, C. R.; Dincă, M. Dalton Trans.2012, 41, 7931-7938.
- Sensing of aqueous fluoride anions by cationic stibine-palladium complexes. Wade, C. R.; Ke, I.-S.; Gabbaï, F. P. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 478-481.
- Two-electron redox chemistry and reversible umpolung of a gold-antimony bond. Wade,C. R.; Gabbaï, F. P. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 7369-7372.
- Synthesis, structure, and properties of a T-shaped 14 electron stiboranyl-gold complex. Wade, C. R.; Lin, T.-P.; Nelson, R. C.; Marder, E. A.; Miller, J. T.; Gabbaï, F. P. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 8948-8955.
- A mercur to antimony interaction. Lin, T. P.; Wade, C. R.; Pérez, L. M.; Gabbaï, F. P. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 6357-6360.
- Stabilization of zwitterionic aryltrifluoroborates against hydrolysis. Wade, C. R.; Zhao, H.; Gabbaï, F. P. Chem. Commun. 2010, 6380-6381.
- Cyanide anion binding by a triarylborane at the outer rim of a cyclometalated ruthenium(II) cationic complex. Wade, C. R.; Gabbaï, F. P. Inorg. Chem. 2010, 49, 714-720.