For More information
If you have any questions, or need further advice on your choice, contact Professor Peter Woll, the undergraduate advising head.
Declaring the Major or Minor
Normally the major is declared during the second semester of the second year.
Students are strongly encouraged to take two or three politics courses during their first two years at Brandeis. These courses, which will count toward the nine-course major requirement, are normally best selected from among the introductory courses.
1. Download the Major/Minor Declaration Form (doc).
2. Complete form. For detailed instructions, download How to fill out the Major/Minor Declaration Form (pdf) and see instructions below.
3. Send the form as an e-mail attachment to the Undergraduate Advising Head, Professor Peter Woll.
For the Politics Major
- List nine courses in politics, four of which will complete your subfield distribution requirements (American, international, comparative, political theory). Of the nine courses, at least one must be a seminar taught within the department.
These courses do not bind you in the future but are simply the courses you plan to take if they are available at the time you wish to take them. You can always informally revise your courses within the framework of the major requirements. You don't need to submit additional major forms if you change your planned courses.
For the Politics Minor
- List the courses you've taken or plan to take in line with the requirements for the politics minor.
- No signature is needed.