Click here to view the syllbus for Pol 89A: Political Science Internship. This course is tentatively scheduled for Spring 2015.
The Hiatt Career Center maintains a list of career resources for Politics majors.
For More Information
If you have any further questions regarding internships, please contact Ryan LaRochelle (email@example.com).
The political science internship provides the opportunity for a structured learning experience in a supportive and collaborative environment. Politics majors may seek out internships independently, but are also encouraged to enroll in Pol 89A: Political Science Internship. This course is designed to combine experiences working in fields such as government, law, media, and interest advocacy with coursework that ties an internship back to the study of politics. This course is usually offered every year. Note that students must be enrolled in Pol 89A or an internship course offered by another department to receive academic credit for their internship.
- Governor Deval Patrick's Press Office (Boston, MA)
- NBC News (Washington, DC)
- Office of Congressman Stephen Lynch (Boston, MA
- White House Office of Communications (Washington, DC)
- Martha Coakley for Governor Campaign (Somerville, MA)
- Bristol County District Attorney's Office (New Bedford, MA)
- International Crisis Group (New York, NY)
Below is a list of current internship opportunities. In addition to the information listed below, more internship opportunities can be found at the Brandeis Internship Exchange and on the the Hiatt Career Center's B.Hired page (log in required).
- Senator Elizabeth Warren’s Office
- Governor Deval Patrick’s Office
- Martha Coakley for Governor
- Maura Healey for Attorney General
- Massachusetts Department of Corrections
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts
- Greater Boston Legal Services
- Cambridge Consumers’ Council
- Waltham Alliance to Create Housing (WATCH)