Click here to view the syllabus for Pol 89a: Political Science Internship. This course is typically offered during the spring semester.
The Hiatt Career Center maintains a list of career resources for Politics majors.
For More Information
If you have any further questions regarding internships, please contact Adam Smith (email@example.com).
The political science internship provides the opportunity for a structured learning experience in a supportive and collaborative environment. Politics majors may seek out internships independently, but are also encouraged to enroll in Pol 89A: Political Science Internship. This course is designed to combine experiences working in fields such as government, law, media, and interest advocacy with coursework that ties an internship back to the study of politics. This course is usually offered every year. Note that students must be enrolled in Pol 89A or an internship course offered by another department to receive academic credit for their internship.
- Cambridge Consumers' Council
- Governor Deval Patrick's Press Office
- Israel Democracy Institute
- Northwind Strategies
- Martha Coakley for Governor Campaign
- Senator Edward Markey's Office
- South Korean National Assembly
Below is a list of current internship opportunities. In addition to the information listed below, more internship opportunities can be found at the Brandeis Internship Exchange and on the the Hiatt Career Center's B.Hired page (log in required).
- Senator Elizabeth Warren’s Office
- MA Governor's Internship Program
- Massachusetts Department of Corrections
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts
- Greater Boston Legal Services
- Cambridge Consumers’ Council
- Waltham Alliance to Create Housing (WATCH)