Work-Life Balance Survey Results
Read the summary from the latest Staff Work-Life Survey (login required).
Child Care Facilities
- Massachusetts Child Care Search
- The Learning Zone
- The Lemberg Children’s Center
- Waltham Family Day Care
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Brandeis University is dedicated to its commitment to assist with the quality of life of those within the Brandeis community. The Office of Human Resources aids Brandeis employees find solutions to balance the needs of work and family life. We provide information and referral(s) for assistance with many situations and circumstances including the needs of young families.
- Gryzmish 75-105 This room is a small office located off the lobby of the Gryzmish building. The space is accessible with a key from the Office of Human Resources when needed. The room has chairs and a desk as well as a sufficient number of electrical outlets. There is no refrigeration or microwave, however a sink is available in the lavatory across the hall. Users must bring their own pump. One or two women may use the room at the same time. Reservations for the room may be booked on a Google calendar established for this purpose. Access to use the calendar is available through the Office of Human Resources.
- Gerstenzang 134 This room is marked 98-116 and is located at the right of the student lounge. The room is equipped with refrigeration, a microwave (for sterilization), comfortable chairs, small tables and numerous electrical outlets. A sink is located in the kitchen of the lounge or in adjacent lavatories. Users must bring their own pump. Up to three women at one time may use the space. Gerstenzang 134 is accessible via ID card access which can be acquired by contacting Jessica Basile (email@example.com), Director, Student Affairs. No reservation is necessary to use this space.
- Rabb Graduate Center 118 This room is marked 118 and is a private room. The room is equipped with refrigeration, a microwave (for sterilization), and numerous electrical outlets. Users must bring their own pump. Rabb Graduate Center 118 is accessible via a key which can be acquired by contacting Shannon Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department Administrator in Women & Gender Studies, or if she is not available, Lisa Pannella (email@example.com), Department Administrator in English. This room should be locked at all times. Reservations for the room may be booked on a Google calendar established for this purpose. Access to use the calendar is available through the Office of Human Resources or the Office of Graduate Student Affairs.
The Lemberg Children's Center, a non-profit cooperative day-care center, provides children with a full program of education and recreational activities. The center is operated by professional staff with the assistance of parents and Brandeis students. Rates are based on family income.The Lemberg Children's Center
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453
Several facilities are located within a short radius of the campus:
225 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453
To locate a day care center within your home community you may use the link below and enter your zip code for a listing of Massachusetts licensed providers.
Before school is out for the summer, review this guide to Summer Camp
Review Massachusetts's largest summer camp directory.
For additional support and counseling in areas such as new parent coaching programs, childcare and other supportive community services, you may refer to the University's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) administered by LifeScope. The company provides free confidential Work/Life Services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week to Brandeis faculty and staff. LifeScope may be reached at 1-888-777-0052. In the portal, each new user will need to register the first time. The University's registration name is Brandeis University. Once you register you may establish a user name and password.