Required Information in a Sponsorship Letter
- Letter must be dated and signed
- Include full name of the individual sponsoring the student
- Include the full name of the student being sponsored
- Include a statement that the individual is willing to sponsor the student for a specified amount per year.
- Should include the relationship of the sponsor to the student (i.e. parent, spouse, etc.)
Sample Financial Sponsorship Letter
February 15, 2014
Mrs. Jane Smith
RE: Sponsorship letter for Gunther Smith
To whom it may concern:
This letter is to verify that I, Jane Smith, am willing and capable of financially supporting my son Gunther Smith during the time he will be studying at Brandeis University. I have provided personal bank statements which prove that I can support Gunther for a minimum of $62,709* U.S. per academic year.
If you have any questions or concerns about this matter, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Provide Signature Here