All undergraduate departmental representatives have the following responsibilities, in addition to other duties mutually decided upon with their department or program chair:
- Serve as a friendly, helpful resource and representative for fellow majors and minors and potential majors and minors. Let majors/minors know you are available to answer advising questions.
- Elicit feedback from students about concerns and ideas and provide that feedback to the department/program chair, undergraduate advising head, and faculty.
- Attend a portion of one department or program meeting to discuss undergraduate issues, if desired by your department/program chair.
- Work in collaboration to execute at least two programs or initiatives each semester. These initiatives can include providing peer advising/mentoring, organizing an alumni career panel, an internship panel, participating in a faculty search for your majors, etc.
- Contribute to the sense of community between students and faculty in your department/program.
- Provide the Office of the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences with reports on your activities and initiatives.
- Participate in ongoing assessments of UDR activities.