About the Program
Each year, four undergraduate students with strong leadership skills and a demonstrated commitment to community engagement will be selected by the Department of Community Service (DCS) to serve as Ambassadors within the Community Engagement Ambassador Program (CEAP).
Community Engagement Ambassadors will receive $2,000 for the full academic year ($13.50/hr in the Fall semester and $14.25/hr in the Spring semester). Each Ambassador will contribute approximately six hours to the role each week during the academic year. As part of a prestigious leadership cohort, these Ambassadors will assist with initiatives for the Department of Community Service, as well as assist students, clubs or departments partnering with the department to strengthen their impact in our communities. To apply, you must be an undergraduate student seeking a degree at Brandeis University.
Community Engagement Ambassadors will collaborate with each other and the DCS professional staff to:
- Provide peer-to-peer training that promotes best practices in community engagement.
- Build connections with, and intentionally support the efforts of, all service, activism, advocacy, social justice, and cultural clubs on a regular basis.
- Strengthen Brandeis’ community engagement impact through coordination across clubs and campus partners.
- Support the Department of Community Service’s efforts to continuously advance our collective commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion, the Brandeis Black Action Plan, and ensuring all marginalized populations are represented and supported in our work.
- Develop programs that increase awareness of community service, social justice, and civic engagement opportunities.
- Team up with other campus leaders to address student needs regarding community engagement.
- Serve as a central resource and point of contact for students looking to volunteer or engage in service on behalf of the department.
- Collaborate with the Department of Community Service to lead ‘day of service’ events throughout the academic year, including VolunteerFest.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Take the lead on one of the following focus areas: Assessment, Advocacy, & Civic Engagement, Partnerships & Community Organizing, Marketing & Campus Outreach, and Training & Volunteer Retention
For questions, please contact the Department of Community Service at 781-736-3237 or the Community Service Specialist.
When Lori Levinson Luft ’69 and a small group of Brandeis friends created the Waltham Group in 1966, they sparked a movement at Brandeis that continues to inspire students today. Now fifty years later, Brandeis students annually provide over 40,000 hours of volunteer service through more than 40 community service clubs, founded and led by student leaders like Lori. Generously funded by her family, the Community Engagement Ambassador Program will engage talented Brandeis students whose passion for community service and values reflect those of Dr. Lori Levinson Luft ’69. Their work will honor Lori’s memory and be a fitting tribute to her remarkable contributions to Brandeis.