The Office of Human Resources

Flexible Spending Accounts

Flexible spending accounts* enable employees to pay for eligible health (medical, dental and vision) and/or dependent care expenses with pretax dollars, thereby reducing their tax burden.

How It Works

Employees pay into the flexible spending accounts via pretax payroll deductions withheld throughout the calendar year. These dollars are held in an FSA account and are not subject to federal, state or Social Security taxes. Reimbursements are made as employees incur out-of-pocket expenses for qualifying health and/or dependent care services.

Brandeis University flexible spending accounts are managed by a third-party administrator, HealthEquity/WageWorks. You can contact HealthEquity/WageWorks at 1-877-924-3967.

Once you have completed your enrollment in a flexible spending plan in Workday and your election has been approved by the benefits unit, you will need to set up an account with HealthEquity/WageWorks. Your online account will enable you to submit claims for reimbursement and check account balances and claims in process.

Online Registration

  • Point browser to
  • Click the orange "Log In/Register" button at the top of the page, and then select "Employee Registration" from the dropdown menu.
  • First-time users will be required to provide the following details to authenticate their accounts:
    • First and last name.
    • Date of birth.
    • Home ZIP code.
    • Last four digits of employee ID number. Example: For ID number 10055555, enter 5555. You can find your eight-digit Brandeis ID number in Workday. After logging in, click the icon of the cloud in the upper-right corner of the page and select your name; this will bring you to your profile page. There, you'll find your Employee ID number on the right side of the page, under "Job Details."
  • Once you have completed the required steps for registration, you will now view your Dashboard.
  • On your Dashboard, you will find your flexible spending account(s) election(s).

Helpful Links for Employees

If you need help accessing any of the information listed below, contact the HealthEquity/WageWorks support center.