3 Steps to Secure a Student Visa

Canadian Citizens: Please note that while you are not required to apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa stamp at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, you are required to obtain a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility with which to apply for F-1 or J-1 student visa status upon entering the United States through the Port-of-Entry.

Current Visa Wait Times: A comprehensive spreadsheet with current visa wait times, updated each Sunday, can be found here. 

Students transferring a SEVIS Record from a U.S. institution to Brandeis may review the Transfer SEVIS Record to Brandeis information.  

Students who currently hold a valid U.S. visa status which allows them to study in the U.S., other than F-1/J-1, are required to submit a VIDOF and a copy of their valid passport however such students may not need to submit proof of assured funds, pay the SEVIS Fee or apply for a U.S. visa. 

Please contact the ISSO for further guidance.

Students who will be joined in the United States by members of their immediate family (spouse or unmarried child under the age of 21 years), may review the Dependents information.