Transfer SEVIS Record to Brandeis
Students requesting to transfer their F-1 student SEVIS record from a previous school (or from OPT/Academic Training) to Brandeis University should review the SEVIS Transfer-In for F-1 Visa Holders information to confirm eligibility.
- Complete the top portion of Brandeis' Transfer-In Form. You'll find the form on the left side of this page.
- Once you have completed the top portion of your Transfer-In Form, please consult the International Student Advisor (A/RO or P/DSO) at your previous/current institution and request your record be transferred to Brandeis.
- Please return the form to the appropriate Brandeis Admissions representative.
- Fill out and submit the appropriate VIDOF.
- Submit a copy of your valid passport (include the Photo ID page and expiration page).
- Submit a copy of your current and all previously issued Forms I-20/DS-2019.
- Submit a copy of your electronic I-94, which can be found on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website.
- Submit a copy of your current U.S. entry visa.
- Submit a copy of any Employment Authorization Document (EAD Card) that you may have received for Optional Practical Training (F-1 students only).
Transfer-In Forms and all Required Documents should be returned to the Office of Admissions that you are working with.
You will receive two I-20s throughout your SEVIS transfer. Brandeis will issue your "Transfer Pending" I-20 to you on or shortly after your SEVIS Transfer release Date. The ISSO must complete your SEVIS transfer within 15 days of the first day of classes. To do this, you will be required to complete your mandatory ISSO Online Check-In and register for classes as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours). The ISSO will then complete your SEVIS transfer and issue you a Form I-20 indicating "Continued Attendance" at Brandeis University.