If you are in the US and have a spouse or unmarried child under the age of 21 who will need dependent (H-4 visa) status, please submit the following, also detailed on the instructions for the I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status:

Please Note: As a courtesy, ISSO scholar advisors are happy to include dependent application for change or extension of status along with the H-1B petition. However, these applications are personal petitions and not reviewed by ISSO staff. If you require assistance, please let us know and we will provide you with a list of immigration attorneys in the area who you may work with.

Please contact the scholar advisor who is working on your H-1B petition to best decide how to deliver these documents to us. You can reach us at