Individual differences in executive functions (EF) are associated with many important aspects of human health and functioning, including mental health. Critically, EF processes continue to develop through the early 20s, a period when new stressors arise during the transition to adulthood and psychopathology risk is high. Our research seeks to better understand the links between EF, stress and stress coping mechanisms, and psychopathology (especially depression and anxiety) during this key adolescent and emerging adulthood period.
Lab News (2022-2023)
- Congratulations to Dr. Jennifer Wicks, PhD for successfully defending her dissertation!
- Read about our undergraduate Ashley Moushegian's summer research in the CoPE Lab!
- Welcome to our new full-time Research Assistant, Yana Deeley!
- Welcome to our new PhD student, Elizabeth Marsh!
Lab News (2021-2022)
- The lab has temporarily moved to 51 Sawyer Road for the upcoming academic year ('22-'23).
- Congratulations to Xinran Niu, MA and Andre Sillas, MA for completing their Master's Theses!
- Congratulations to Jenna Sandler and Chengrui Wu for completing their Senior Honor's Theses!
- Congratulations to Jennifer Wicks, Morgan Taylor, and Alyssa-Fassett Carman on the acceptance of their manuscript "Coping with COVID Stress: Maladaptive and Adaptive Response Styles Predicting College Student Internalizing Symptom Dimensions" to the Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment!
- Congratulations to Xinran Niu on the acceptance of her manuscript "The role of maladaptive emotion regulation in the bidirectional relation between sleep and depression in college students during the COVID-19 pandemic" to Anxiety, Stress and Coping!
- Congratulations to Morgan Taylor on the acceptance of her manuscript "Dependent stress generation mediates the relation between poor cognitive control and repetitive negative thinking in emerging adults" to Emerging Adulthood!
- Congratulations to Morgan Taylor, Jennifer Wicks, and Alyssa Fassett-Carman on the acceptance of their manuscript "Differences in depression, anxiety, and coping in emerging adults prior to vs. during the COVID-19 pandemic" to Translational Issues in Psychological Science!
- Welcome to our new undergraduate research assistants Ben Brenner, Katie Lawee, Krupa Sourirajan, Mae Zhang, and Priya Sashti! If you would like to join the lab, see Join the Lab for information on how to apply.
- Welcome to our new PhD student, Quynh Nguyen, and our new Master's student, Andre Sillas! If you are interested in joining the lab as a graduate student, see Join the Lab for more information.
- Congratulations to Dr. Alyssa Fassett-Carman, PhD for successfully defending her dissertation!
- Congratulations to Morgan Taylor on the acceptance of her manuscript "Repetitive Negative Thinking Shared Across Rumination and Worry Predicts Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety" to the Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment!