How to File a Complaint

If you have a a complaint involving sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual violence, you have the right to file a Community Standards Report (CSR) with the Brandeis Department of Students and Community Standards. This report form is for students wishing to file a report on their own behalf and for any Brandeis community member wishing to file a report on behalf of the University.

A CSR is an official report submitted to the Dean of Students. You may remain anonymous, however, a formal investigation will only occur if you identify yourself.

In certain cases, the Title IX coordinator may determine an informal investigation is necessary for the safety of the complainant and/or the campus community. Efforts to protect the confidentiality of the victim/survivor (discloser) will be made, but cannot be guaranteed.

You also have the right to file a report with the police department where the incident occurred or with Brandeis' Office of Public Safety. The following types of reports may be submitted to public safety:


Brandeis strictly prohibits anyone from retaliating against an individual (which includes intimidating, threatening, coercing or in any way discriminating) for reporting sexual assault or harassment. Anyone who engages in retaliation is subject to discipline up to and including dismissal from school or termination from employment.

Title IX Complaint Resolution Process

Brandeis is committed to responding promptly and thoroughly investigates and resolves complaints alleging sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence.

Learn more about the types of Title IX investigations.