Brandeis Counseling Center

How to Help a Student in Distress

There are times when you may want to help a student in psychological or emotional distress. Find out how.

Brandeis Resources

Concern Office to Contact Phone Number
Immediate harm or threat Public Safety 781-736-3333
Non-emergency social concern Dean of Students Office 781-736-3600
Counseling services Brandeis Counseling Center 781-736-3730
Emergency consultation after hours 24-hour answering service 781-736-3730
Academic issues, undergraduate student Academic Services 781-736-3470
Academic issues, graduate student Graduate Student Affairs 781-736-3546
Sexual violence, relationship violence, or another type of violence Prevention, Advocacy & Resource Center (PARC) 781-736-3370

Guide for Faculty

Faculty may also consult the online guide for Assisting the Emotionally Distressed Student.