What We Do
The Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) is responsible for addressing all issues of discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct within the Brandeis community.
Anyone with concerns regarding this type of conduct can report to OEO, who can provide:
- information regarding support resources and interim restrictions, including no contact orders, housing changes and academic support
- information about what options may be available for taking action, including internal resolution processes and criminal action
- training and educational initiatives for the Brandeis community
- inquiries and formal investigations into concerns regarding discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct
- process to address grievances regarding disability accommodations and/or discrimination
The Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity, Sonia Jurado, serves as Brandeis’ Title IX Coordinator and the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator.
Brandeis University prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status, all known as “Protected Categories.” Brandeis also prohibits sexual misconduct against students, staff and faculty which can include sexual assault, sexual exploitation, stalking, and relationship violence (including dating and domestic violence).