Skip to content
Division of Social Sciences by the Numbers
- The Social Sciences Division is one of the two largest Divisions in Arts & Sciences at Brandeis.
- The Division includes 19 Departments and Programs that award BA, MA and PhDs.
- In the Fall of 2018, the Division included 145 faculty.
- This year the Division includes 190 enrolled graduate students in MA, MAT, MED and PhD programs.
- Eight of the ten largest undergraduate majors awarding degrees in 2017 were in the social sciences.
- The Division awarded approximately half of all undergraduate majors from 2012-2018 and half of all minors from 2012-2017.
- About one-third of all university faculty in the fall of 2018 were in the social sciences.
- About 75% of social science faculty are in tenured or tenure track positions.
- Between 2010 and 2018, social science faculty were awarded $21 million in external funding with much of that ($15 million) going to faculty in the Psychology Department.