Research Funding Opportunities
Financial support for research is available to undergraduates, graduate students and faculty at Brandeis University. Internal grants are those Brandeis University supports.
Please click below to see the funds available. External grants are those supported by public and private organizations including state and federal governments, private foundations, corporations and philanthropists. Follow the links below to locate external funding and the staff on campus who can assist.
If you are only going to read one thing about writing proposals, read "On the Art of Writing Proposals," from the Social Science Research Council.
Internal Grants and Fellowships
To learn more about sources of internal grant support, please contact Margaret Lynch for undergraduates, Alyssa Canelli if you are a graduate student and Ed Hackett if you are a faculty member.
External Grants and Fellowships
Below are the external grant and fellowship opportunities gathered and publicized by the University. To learn more about sources of external grant support, please contact Meredith Monaghan if you are an undergraduate, Alyssa Canelli if you are a graduate student and Judy Appel if you are a faculty member.
- Grant Opportunities Database
- Pivot - a library-provided resource to identify, manage, and track funding opportunities
- Resources from the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (Private)
- Resources from the Vice Provost for Research (Public)
- National Science Foundation
- National Endowment for the Humanities