Position Description and Application
The Student Conduct Board is an entity that formally adjudicates students in the Student Conduct Process (SCP). The SCB shall hear cases of alleged policy violations of “Rights and Responsibilities,” that are referred to it by the staff of SRCS, except for allegations of sexual misconduct or gender-based violence or harassment.
- Collaborate to create promotion/prevention materials and events to help the Brandeis community become more aware of the Rights and Responsibilities and to empower them to make healthy/safe choices.
- Attend any training sessions as scheduled, including twice-monthly Board meetings.
- Adjudicate alleged violations of University policy and impose sanctions when appropriate.
- Hold weekly office hours and acts as a resource for students seeking clarification about Rights & Responsibilities, the student conduct process, or related issues.
All undergraduate and graduate students (GSAS, Heller, IBS) are eligible for appointment to the Board.
Qualities of successful candidates include:
- Strong analytical and contextual thinking skills
- Capacity to make ethical and fair decisions
- Ability to interact appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Active and critical listening skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
Note: Applicants must be in good conduct standing at the time of application. SRCS will review candidate’s conduct status prior to releasing offers. Student Conduct Board Members must maintain good conduct standing during the entire period of their appointment.
If you would like to nominate someone for the Student Conduct Board, please fill out the online nomination form.