Deadlines for Applications
Winter travel deadline is October 15.
Summer travel deadline is March 1.
Graduate Research Awards
The Schusterman Center for Israel Studies offers grants for pre-dissertation and dissertation research in Israel Studies. Grants of $500-$1000 will be awarded to cover travel expenses (such as airfare, meals, and lodging) research expenses (such as visits to archives & museums), purchase of research materials such as microfilm (but excluding books), costs of data collection and processing.
All students enrolled in a doctoral or masters program focussed on Israel Studies at Brandeis University are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to third-year PhD students and those who have successfully completed their coursework.
Proposals should include:
- title and the objectives of the research project; and an explanation of how this project constitutes an integral part of your research
- description of research plans, including data to be used, methodology, description of sources, etc.
- breakdown of specific expenditures to be covered by the grant
- letter of recommendation from faculty advisor
- curriculum vitae
- names of other granting agencies to which you have applied
- importance of the proposed dissertation to the applicant’s field
- appropriateness of primary-source collections and institutions in which the applicant proposes to conduct research
Proposals should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject heading "Graduate Research Grants."
The submission deadline for summer research grants is March 1, and award recipients will be informed a few weeks later.
*Winter travel deadline is October 15, with acceptances sent shortly thereafter.
For more information: Tel: 781-736-2154; Email: email@example.com
Decisions concerning applications will be made by the an advisory committee appointed by the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies.