Deadlines for Applications
Winter travel deadline is October 15.
Summer travel deadline is March 1.
Graduate Research Grants
The Schusterman Center for Israel Studies offers grants for pre-dissertation and dissertation research in Israel Studies. Grants of $500-$1000 will be awarded to cover travel expenses (such as airfare, meals, and lodging) research expenses (such as visits to archives and museums), and costs of data collection and processing.
Preference is given to Schusterman Center doctoral students; in particular those in their third year of study who have successfully completed their coursework.
Proposals should include:
- title and objectives of the research project, and an explanation of how this project constitutes an integral part of your research
- description of research plans, including data to be used, methodology, description of sources, etc.
- Entire budget for the research, including specific expenditures to be covered by the grant, as well as sources and amounts of other funding
- names of other granting agencies to which you plan to apply
- importance of the proposed dissertation to the field of Israel Studies.
- appropriateness of primary-source collections and institutions in which the applicant proposes to conduct research
Proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com, subject heading "Graduate Research Grant."
The submission deadline for summer research grants is March 1; award recipients will be informed a few weeks later.
*Winter travel deadline is October 15, with acceptances sent shortly thereafter.
For more information, contact Rise Singer: Tel: 781-736-2152; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Decisions concerning applications will be made by the Schusterman Center faculty advisory committee.