Deadlines for Applications
Winter travel deadline is October 30.
Summer travel deadline is December 3.
Graduate Research Awards
The Schusterman Center for Israel Studies offers grants for pre-dissertation and dissertation research in Israel Studies. Grants up to $2500 will be awarded to cover travel expenses (such as airfare, meals, and lodging) research expenses (such as visits to archives & museums), purchase of research materials such as microfilm (but excluding books), costs of data collection and processing.
All students enrolled in a doctoral or masters program at Brandeis University are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to third year PhD students and those who have successfully completed their course work.
Proposals should include:
- title and the objectives of the research project; and an explanation of how this project constitutes an integral part of your research
- description of research plans, including data to be used, methodology, description of sources, etc.
- breakdown of specific expenditures to be covered by the grant
- letter of recommendation from faculty advisor
- curriculum vita
- provide names of other granting agencies to which you have applied
- importance of the proposed dissertation to the applicant’s field
- appropriateness of primary-source collections and institutions in which the applicant proposes to conduct research
Proposals should be submitted to the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, MS 060. By email to email@example.com subject heading "Graduate Research Grants."
The submission deadline for summer research grants is December 1, and award recipients will be announced by February.
*Regarding winter travel the deadline is October 30.
For more information: Tel: 781-736-2154; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Decisions concerning applications will be made on the recommendation of the Faculty Advisory Committee of the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies.