Make a Gift
Light the Way for Brandeis
Your gift makes a difference
Now more than ever, Israel requires scholarly inquiry of the highest caliber. The center is able to serve as a polestar for the finest professors and students in Israel studies thanks to the support of individuals and institutions who value informed, enlightened, high-impact scholarship in the field.
Since its founding in 2007, the Schusterman Center has measurably advanced and expanded the field of Israel studies. We have built a space for rigorous academic scholarship on Israel. At the same time, we reach beyond the academic sphere, engaging the public with programs that enrich Israel literacy. Your support helps us continue this vital work.
Expand our Summer Institute for Israel Studies
- We have prepared 349 professors at 245 institutions across North America and around the world to teach Israel Studies in a broad array of disciplines. Our Summer Institute alumni have taught 1,400 courses about Israel to more than 33,549 students worldwide.
Sponsor more doctoral students who will expand the field
- We have supported 26 doctoral students to date. They have gone on to positions at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Oxford University, Penn State, Tel Aviv University, Binghamton University – State University Of New York (SUNY), the University of Michigan, the University Of Southern California, Tsinghua University in Beijing, and the U.S. Government.
Engage the public with a diverse array of virtual programs, provided free of charge
- We presented 42 online programs during the 2020-2021 academic year, when the pandemic curtailed in-person events, drawing a combined audience of 11,837. Viewers tuned in from Austria, Azerbaijan, Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Poland, the Russian Federation, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. We are excited to return to in-person programming for the fall 2021 semester, and are adopting a hybrid model, broadcasting all in-person programs via Zoom. We are making Israel literacy accessible to everyone, everywhere.
Support the publication of groundbreaking books and articles in the field of Israel studies.
- We publish the leading Israel Studies journal, with 3,200 university library and individual subscribers academy worldwide, and tens of thousands of downloads annually in approximately 100 countries, including those that do not have relations with Israel, like Indonesia and Iran.
- We have published over 30 books presenting the latest research on all aspects of Israeli history, society, politics and culture.
How to give
We welcome online donations via the Brandeis Support Website.
If you prefer to pay by check, please make check payable to Brandeis University and send to:Rise Singer, Associate Director for Administration
Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, MS 060
PO Box 549110
Waltham, MA 02454
For more information, please call 781-736-2152 or email Rise Singer.
We thank you for your support.