Make a GiftGive now
Your gift makes a difference
Now more than ever, Israel requires scholarly inquiry of the highest caliber. The center is able to serve as a polestar for the finest professors and students in Israel studies thanks to the support of individuals and institutions who value informed, enlightened, high-impact scholarship in the field.
Since its founding in 2007, the Schusterman Center has measurably advanced and expanded the field of Israel studies. We have built a space for rigorous academic scholarship on Israel. At the same time, we reach beyond the academic sphere, engaging the public with programs that enrich Israel literacy. Your support helps us continue this vital work.
Your donation will:
Expand our Summer Institute for Israel Studies
- We have prepared 372 professors at 262 institutions across North America and around the world to teach Israel Studies in their respective disciplines. Our Summer Institute alumni have taught 1,520 courses about Israel to more than 33,774 students worldwide.
Sponsor more doctoral students who will expand the field
- We have supported 27 doctoral students to date. They have gone on to positions at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Oxford University, Penn State, Tel Aviv University, Binghamton University – State University Of New York (SUNY), the University of Michigan, the University Of Southern California, Tsinghua University in Beijing, and the U.S. Government.
Engage the public with a diverse array of programs, provided free of charge
- We are making Israel literacy accessible to everyone, everywhere. During the 2021-2022 academic year we presented and/or cosponsored 43 programs and three art exhibitions. Between synchronous attendance of remote and in-person events, asynchronous viewing of the event recordings on our YouTube channel, and art exhibition visitors both online and on-site, we drew a global audience of 13,908. Viewers who joined us via Zoom represented over 40 countries, among them Anguilla, Australia, Barbados, Belarus, Chile, Egypt, Finland, India, Japan, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, and Zimbabwe.
- This year we are excited to expand the multi-access model we piloted last year, opening every possible program to in-person attendance as we continue to broadcast them live to viewers around the world.
Support the publication of groundbreaking books and articles in the field of Israel studies.
- We publish the leading Israel Studies journal, with 3,200 university library and individual subscribers academy worldwide, and tens of thousands of downloads annually in approximately 100 countries, including those that do not have relations with Israel, like Indonesia and Iran.
- We have published over 30 books presenting the latest research on all aspects of Israeli history, society, politics and culture.
How to give
We welcome online donations via the Brandeis Support Website.
If you prefer to pay by check, please make check payable to Brandeis University and send to:Rise Singer, Associate Director for Administration
Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, MS 060
PO Box 549110
Waltham, MA 02454
For more information, please call 781-736-2152 or email Rise Singer.
We thank you for your support.
“Thank you for creating a thoroughly engaging and intellectually robust experience for my students this year with your online programming, and making it readily available to the public. You have provided us with a unique opportunity to learn from the best of the best, and I really hope your online presence will continue even after we are all vaccinated. Unfortunately, there is no vaccine from misconceptions on some campuses these days. Hence, your versatile, leave-no-stone-unturned, rigorous online program this year has been a thrilling breath of fresh air.”
Dr. Ignat Ayzenberg, Lecturer in History, San Jose State University
In response to our academic year 2020-2021 online programming