Faculty and Staff
Expertise: Metaethics, moral psychology, environmental ethics.
Expertise: Metaphysics, history of philosophy, Kant.
Expertise: Metaphysics, epistemology, medical ethics. Personal website
Expertise: Epistemology, ethics, philosophy of mind. Personal website
Expertise: History and philosophy of science, epistemology, logic. Personal website
Expertise: Immanuel Kant, moral philosophy, history of philosophy. Personal website
Expertise: Philosophy of mind, philosophy of psychology, cognitive science, history of philosophy, philosophy of science.
Expertise: Moral, social and political philosophy.
Expertise: Political philosophy, moral philosophy, aesthetics, modern social theory, history of political thought, John Stuart Mill.
- William Flesch, Professor of English
- Richard Gaskins, Professor of American Studies; Director, Legal Studies Program
- Sophia Malamud, Associate Professor of Language and Linguistics
- Eugene Sheppard, Associate Professor of Modern Jewish History and Thought
- Jon Levisohn, Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Professor of Jewish Educational Thought
Director, Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education
- Laura Quinney, Professor of English
Julie Seeger has served since 2004 as academic administrator for the philosophy department. Prior to joining Brandeis, she worked as a project manager at two computer software firms, Banta Integrated Media and Electronic Press Services Group.
Seeger is a graduate of Union College and holds a master's in philosophy from SUNY Binghamton. In 2010, she received the Lou Ennis Staff Award, presented annually to an administrator who demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the university and goes above and beyond the requirements of the job.