Be an Office Assistant
The Department of Community Service is not currently accepting resumés for the paid position of office assistant. Please e-mail Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and the timeline for potential openings.
Purpose of the Job: The Office Assistant is the front lines of the office, managing foot traffic and phone calls in addition to completing projects and errands.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Word and Excel
- Independent, high degree of personal initiative
- Pleasant, outgoing attitude
- Effective at multi-tasking
- Willingness to work with coordinators and volunteers in a helpful and creative manner
- Involvement in community service is helpful but not necessary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering phones, taking messages
- Managing office foot traffic
- Poster and flyer design
- Running various errands around campus (hanging flyers, picking up photocopies at the copy center, etc.)
- Assisting Waltham Group coordinators with program paperwork and logistics
- Assisting people with community service inquiries; must be knowledgeable of all programs and services
- Data Entry
- Other duties as needed
This is a unique position that has a significant overlap with the Department of Student Activities and Department of Orientation. The student hired in this position will be responsible for answering the Student Activities and Orientation phone lines as well as working on Student Activities and Orientation projects.