Request Our Services
Before requesting our ticketing services, please be sure to review the A Board Funding Policy on the Student Union website for guidelines regarding ticketing events either funded by the Allocations Board (page 4) or used as fundraisers (page 5).
To request Brandeis Tickets' services for your event, please submit a Ticketing Request Form.
We recommend that you submit the form at least one month prior to the event. The sooner the better!
Leigh Hilderbrandt, Marketing and Box Office Manager, Department of Student Activities
Shapiro Campus Center, room 203
Stay in the Know
Advertise Your Event
Ticketing for Brandeis Student Clubs and Organizations
WHAT YOU GET FROM BRANDEIS TICKETS
- Plenty of opportunities for people to buy tickets
- The box office is open six days a week:
- Monday-Friday noon-6:00 p.m.
- Saturday noon-4:00 p.m.
- We’re also open before the event for door sales and ticket pick-up, up to an hour before the event (times may vary according to the type of event).
- Online ticketing is available 24/7 (not available for free tickets).
- Customers can buy ticket in-person, online, and by phone.
- Blocks of tickets can also be printed for your club members to sell to friends or table at Usdan. (Must be requested in advance.)
- The box office is open six days a week:
- Location, location, location!
- The box office is located in the Shapiro Campus Center Atrium for easy access and high visibility.
- Door sales/will-call pick-up at the event venue.
- We can ticket events held in various venues on campus; we can even ticket some off-campus events.
- Payment Options
- We accept cash, checks, MasterCard and VISA..
- Brandeis Tickets will promote your events on their website, Facebook, and Twitter!
- We will happily link to your website and Facebook events.
- We request that all publicity, including posters, fliers, newsletters, social networking sites, etc. refer to the box office as “Brandeis Tickets”, www.brandeis.edu/tickets, 781-736-3400.
- Professionalism, Accountability, and Security
- Operated by knowledgeable and courteous staff. Ticketing is what we do.
- Provide ticket count updates and detailed accounting reports.
- Provide secure handling of money and deposit of ticketing income directly to club accounts.
- Collect names and verify student ID at time of purchase
- Your Freedom
- With us handling the ticket sales, you can focus your time and attention on the event itself.
- There’s no need for you to stress about the organization and time commitment of tabling tickets, doing door sales, finding volunteers or securing tickets and cash.
WHAT IT COSTS
Producer (Club/Organization) Incurred Fees
- For events that charge for admittance
- $.50 per sold ticket
- $.05 per returned/unused hard ticket, i.e. unsold tickets printed for tabling.
- 3% of all credit card fees (based on gross receipts of all credit card sales)
- For free, but ticketed events
- $.10 per distributed ticket
- $.05 per returned/unused hard ticket, i.e. unused tickets printed for tabling.
- For events that charge a fee for non-Brandeis but are free to Brandeis student, we combine the above fee structures.
- Examples of maximum ticket fees (if sold out):
(Deducted from ticket income)
|Levin Ballroom||Auditorium Style||450||$45||
$225 + 3% credit cards
|Levin Ballroom||Empty (Dance)||700||$70||
$350 + 3% credit cards
$200 + 3% credit cards
$250+3% credit cards
Customer Incurred Fees
The customer incurs a $2 per ticket handling fee for all Internet and telephone orders. This fee is applied in addition to the ticket price. For example, one ticket at $5, plus $2 handling fee, equals a total of $7 for the customer. There is no fee for in-person sales.
GETTING YOUR MONEY AND PAYING FOR BRANDEIS TICKET’S SERVICES
In order for clubs to receive their ticket income or pay for ticketing fees (for free, but ticketed events), they must be recognized clubs and have a club account (a.k.a, university charge line). All ticket sales income is collected at point of sale and held by Brandeis Tickets. After the event(s) close and all sales are complete, Brandeis Tickets will run a settlement report and statement of account. Ticket fees are deducted from the gross receipts, and all net adjusted receipts will be remitted to the club or organization via University accounting to the club's charge line.