Student Accessibility Support
Important: During the 2020 - 2021 Academic year, Student Accessibility Support (SAS) will continue to work remotely. We are still meeting and providing support to students, staff, and faculty in a virtual format. For technology needs, we will be coming into our offices intermittently. To schedule a meeting with us, please call (781) 736-3470 or email us at email@example.com
Students with disabilities make up an important part of our Brandeis community. Our diverse community includes students with a range of physical, sensory, psychological, medical and learning disabilities.
While appreciating the strengths and needs of all students, Student Accessibility Support seeks to promote the growth of undergraduate and graduate students through individual connections, campus-wide initiatives and collaboration with others in the Brandeis community.
Accommodations at Brandeis
Depending on the nature of the disability and the particular needs of the student, students may utilize a variety of supports. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Academic accommodations (e.g., classroom accommodations, testing accommodations, physical accommodations, alt-format materials).
- Auxiliary aids and services (e.g., note takers, CART services, lecture recordings).
- Non-academic accommodations (e.g., housing, dietary, and transportation accommodations).
- Peer support from SAS Fellows
- Introductions and referrals to other campus resources.
Please Note: Essential programmatic requirements cannot be altered and are determined by faculty and departments. As a student at Brandeis, you are expected to meet all academic and behavioral expectations of both the courses you are taking and of the broader campus community.