Jerome A. Schiff Undergraduate Fellows Program
The Jerome A. Schiff Undergraduate Fellows Program provides funding for students to perform an innovative research or pedagogical project under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Brandeis sophomore, junior or senior
- Strong academic record
Schiff Fellows generally apply as sophomores or juniors. First year students may apply, but must have strong support from their proposed mentor.
Amount, Duration of Award
$2,000 stipend for each Schiff Fellow (non-U.S. citizens are subject to special tax deductions). Each faculty mentor also receives a stipend of $500 towards his or her own research. The project should span the entire academic year. Depending on the nature of your project, your time commitment may fluctuate or remain consistent throughout the year. Some fellows begin their work in the summer and use a portion of their stipend to finance lodging on campus.
- Completed application (pdf)
- Proposed program of investigation
- Letter of recommendation
Dates, Deadlines and Notification
- Intent-to-apply deadline: Email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16, 2020
- Campus deadline: March 23, 2020
- Notification: Schiff Fellows will be notified in early April and are expected to commit to their award shortly thereafter. A reception is held each year for outgoing and incoming Schiff fellows and their mentors.