Birthright Israel Public Use Datafiles
CMJS and Birthright Israel are committed to making the research about Birthright Israel available to qualified researchers who wish to conduct independent analyses of the data that promotes understanding of Jewish young adults more broadly, Birthright, Jewish identity, and attitudes and engagement with Israel and Jewish life.
Datasets that are the basis for CMJS publications have been prepared according to established standards for restricted public use datasets and are stripped from any information that may personally identify individuals. The datasets are accompanied by detailed user guides and codebooks. Use of the datasets is subject to the approval of Birthright Israel.
Questionnaires of the different surveys are included in the technical appendices accompanying our reports. To request a public use dataset, contact Shahar Hecht with a proposal that includes the following elements:
- Full name
- Institutional affiliation
- Files requested
- Funding source for the project
- Description of the research project including the research questions, planned analyses, and type of intended publication.
Recent Public Use Datasets
- Summer 2019 – pre-trip and post-trip
- Summer 2018 - pre-trip, post-trip and 1-year follow-up
- Summer 2017 – pre-trip and post-trip
- Summer 2014 – pre-trip and post-trip
- Older datafiles available upon request
Jewish Futures Project Datasets
- Wave 1 (2009)
- Wave 2 (2010)
- Wave 3 (2012)
- Wave 4 (2012)
- Wave 5 (2015)