Advising Information for Current CL MS Students
Each semester, there are set office hour times when Computational Linguistics MS Students can bring their questions, problems, or feedback to their advisors. This includes questions about curriculum and course selection, degree requirements, issues you're having in a class or in school, career planning, planning for PhD study, Exit Requirements, and anything else you'd like to ask about or discuss.
Please feel free to sign up for one or more back-to-back 10 minute slots with Lotus Goldberg, according to how much time you need. If all slots are taken, or you are busy during all of the set office hour times, please email Lotus to arrange another time to meet.
In addition, Emily Palmer in the Division of Science Graduate Affairs Office is available on campus and by email and Zoom. Please email Emily at Emilydpalmer@brandeis.edu or email@example.com (the Division of Science Graduate Affairs Office email) with questions, or to schedule a time to meet, in person or by Zoom. The Graduate Affairs Office can provide you with information related to your academic records, campus resources, and administrative questions.
Spring 2022 CL MS Advising Office Hour Information (also open for CL undergraduate advising and help with Linguistic Typology course content):
- Please sign up for one or more back-to-back 10 minute slots, according to how much time you'll need. Please DO sign up for multiple slots, if you know you have a longer question.
- Please ONLY sign up for and attend times that have not already been taken by another student. (Note that this is different from how Sophia's office hours worked!)
- While classes are online, appointments will be ONLY on Zoom. When classes resume in person on February 1, students can join office hours either in person or on Zoom.
- Zoom link: https://brandeis.zoom.us/j/123714682?pwd=SE1RL2xKdVJrUUZYMVhoTkhGQk1lQT09.
- To attend in person: come to Lotus' office, Volen 252.
- Lotus' Spring 2022 semester advising Office Hours, as of January 31, 2022:
- Mondays: 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Eastern (Boston) Time
- Fridays: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Eastern (Boston) Time
If you are unable to come to one of the faculty advising times, please email Lotus Goldberg, listing several times that work for you, and she will set up an appointment with you. If you would like to set up a separate time to meet with Emily Palmer, please send her an email.