Advising Information for Current CL MS Students
Each semester, there are set office hour times when Computational Linguistics MS Students can bring their questions, problems or feedback to their advisors. This includes questions about curriculum and course selection, degree requirements, issues you're having in a class or in school, career planning, planning for PhD study, Exit Requirements, and any other questions you might have.
Please feel free to sign up for one or more back-to-back 15 minutes slots, according to how much time you need. Note: ALL office hours are listed in Eastern Standard (“Boston time”). You may choose to meet with Lotus or Sophia in person or virtually (see full schedule below). If all slots are taken or you are busy during office hours, please email Sophia and Lotus to arrange another time to meet.
In addition, Emily Palmer in the Division of Science Graduate Affairs Office will be available on campus and by email and Zoom. Please email Emily at Emilydpalmer@brandeis.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org (the Division of Science Graduate Affairs Office email) to schedule a time to meet in person or by Zoom. The Graduate Affairs Office can provide you with information related to your academic records, campus resources and any administrative questions that you have.
For Fall 2021, these CL MS office hours are as follows:
CL MS and undergraduate advising with Sophia Malamud:
- Please sign up for 1 or more slots. Feel free to show up even if a slot is “taken”.
- For in person office hours, show up to Sophia’s office in Volen 215.
- For virtual office hours, join at https://gather.town/app/jD1ITfLkP3Aooix9/Sophia's%20office . The password to join Sophia’s virtual office is available at the sign up link on her Google calendar.
- Regular office hours schedule starting week of October 4
- Mondays, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
CL MS advising and Intro to Research in Linguistics & CL course with Lotus Goldberg:
- Please sign up for one or more back-to-back 15 minute slots, according to how much time you'll need.
- Please ONLY sign up for and come to appointment slots that have NOT already been signed up for by another student. (Note that this is different from how Sophia's office hours work!)
- Students are welcome to attend either in person, or virtually on Zoom.
- For virtual office hours, join at https://brandeis.zoom.us/j/123714682?pwd=SE1RL2xKdVJrUUZYMVhoTkhGQk1lQT09.
- For in person office hours, show up to Lotus’s office in Volen 252.
- Office hours schedule for the week of October 4:
- Thursday, 9:30 a.m - 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Regular office hours schedule starting the week of October 11:
- Wednesdays, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
If you are unable to come to one of the faculty advising times, please send a single email to both Lotus Goldberg and Sophia Malamud listing several times that work for you, and one of them will set up an appointment with you. If you would like to set up a separate time to meet with Emily Palmer, please send her an email.