Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice
VI.D.2.g. Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice
- The Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice will monitor the metrics on diversity, equity and inclusion at the university; solicit guidance from the Brandeis community on how to expand diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice initiatives; and engage, in coordination with the Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, in strategic planning.
- The committee will consist of one faculty member from each of the four divisions of Arts and Sciences, one from the Heller School for Social Policy and Management, and one from the Brandeis International Business School; it will also include one staff member appointed by the Brandeis University Staff Advisory Committee, one undergraduate student member appointed by the Student Union Senate, and one graduate student appointed by the Graduate Student Council. Candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion or the Faculty Senate. Faculty members will be appointed by the Senate under consultation with their division or school and the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- The vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion, and the director of the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Title IX coordinator or designee, and a representative from the Ombuds Office will serve ex officio on this committee, along with the vice president of human resources or a delegate from the Office of the Executive Vice President of Finance.
- The committee will elect its own chair annually.
- Faculty members will serve three-year terms. Staff and student representatives will serve single-year terms.
TBA, Brandeis International Business School
Jen Cleary, Creative Arts (2020-23)
Leah Gordon, Social Sciences (2020-23)
- Tom King, Humanities (2020-23)
- Sue Lanser, Faculty Senate Representative (2020-21)
Monika Mitra, Heller School for Social Policy and Management (2020-23)
Suzanne Paradis, Sciences (2020-23)
Mark Brimhall-Vargas, Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ex officio)
Donald Greenstein, Office of the University Ombuds Representative (ex officio)
Sonia Jurado, Director, Office of Equal Opportunity / Title IX Coordinator (ex officio)
- Robin Switzer, Vice President of Human Resources (ex officio)
Walt McGough, Brandeis University Staff Advisory Committee Representative (2020-21)
Panny Tao, Undergraduate Representative (2020-21)
Graduate Representative, to be appointed (2020-21)