Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice
VI.D.2.g. Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice
- The Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice will monitor the metrics on diversity, equity and inclusion at the university; solicit guidance from the Brandeis community on how to expand diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice initiatives; and engage, in coordination with the Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, in strategic planning.
- The Committee will consist of one faculty member from each of the four divisions of Arts and Sciences, one from the Heller School, one from the International Business School; two faculty members at large; and a representative from the Faculty Senate. The Committee will also include one staff member appointed by BUSAC, one undergraduate student member appointed by the Student Union Senate, and one graduate student appointed by the Graduate Student Council. Candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by the Office of DEI or the Faculty Senate. Faculty members will be appointed by the Senate under consultation with their division or school and ODEI. The Senate shall make every effort to create a committee that is inclusive in race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender, and faculty rank.
- The VP of DEI, the Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO), and Title IX Coordinator or designee, and a representative from the Ombuds Office will serve ex officio on this committee along with the VP of HR or a delegate from the office of the EVP of Finance.
- The committee will elect its own chair annually.
- Faculty members will serve staggered three-year terms. Staff and student representatives will serve single-year terms.
- Sandra Cha, International Business School (2021-2024)
- Susan Eaton, Heller School (2021-2024)
- Leah Gordon, Social Sciences Division (2020-2023)
- Peter Kalb, Creative Arts Division (2021-2024)
- Tom King, Humanities Division (2020-2023)
- Dan Kryder, Member at Large (2021-2024)
- Sue Lanser, Member at Large (2020-2023)
- Monika Mitra, Member at Large (2022-2023)
- Nina Kammerer, Senate Representative (2022-2023)
- Suzanne Paradis, Science Division (2020-2023)
- LeManuel "Lee" Bitsóí, Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ex officio)
- Donald Greenstein, Office of the University Ombuds Representative (ex officio)
- Robin Switzer, Vice President of Human Resources (ex officio)
- Jacob Tabor, Director, Office of Equal Opportunity; Title IX and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (ex officio)
- Brandeis University Staff Advisory Committee Representative (2022-23)
- Rani Balakrishna, Undergraduate Representative (2022-2023)
- Graduate Representative (2022-2023)