Committee on Teaching, Learning and Assessment
VI.2.D.c. Committee on Teaching, Learning and Assessment
The Committee on Teaching, Learning and Assessment coordinates efforts to improve teaching and learning on campus and mediate between the expectations of accreditation bodies and the norms of faculty. It reports regularly to faculty about what we know about teaching and learning at Brandeis and trends in outcomes over time. The committee also works with different academic units such as the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Committee for the Support of Teaching, the Experiential Learning Committee and the Rabb School’s eLearning Division to communicate and facilitate cross-fertilization.
The committee is chaired by the provost or his/her/their designee and is composed of seven faculty as well as staff members invited by the provost. One faculty member will represent each of the four divisions in Arts and Sciences, the Brandeis International Business School, the Heller School for Social Policy and Management, and the Rabb School of Continuing Studies. The executive director of the Center for Teaching and Learning will serve ex officio.
This committee will advise the provost and make recommendations to the Committee on Academic Standards and Policy.
Student representatives, selected by their peers, may serve on the committee in a nonvoting capacity at the discretion of the chair.
The first group of faculty selected for this committee will serve two- or three-year terms, decided at random by the chair of the committee. Faculty selected for this committee after the first group will all be selected for three-year terms.
- Irina Dubinina, Faculty Director, Center for Teaching and Learning (co-chair)
- Kim Godsoe, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs (co-chair)
- Alyssa Stalsberg Canelli, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Sarah Gagliardi, Director of Online Learning, Graduate Professional Studies
- Laura Hibbler, Associate University Librarian for Research and Instruction
- Anne Marando, Associate Vice President, Information Technology Services
- Olga Papaemmanouil, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, School of Arts and Sciences
- Marty Samuels, Program Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Matthew Sheehy, Brandeis National Committee University Librarian
- Cecilia Sirigos, Institutional Research Analyst
- Carol Fierke, Provost ex officio
- Susan Eaton, Heller School for Social Policy and Management (2021-2024)
- Erin Gee, Creative Arts Division (2022-2025)
- Danielle Igra, Social Sciences Division (2022-2025)
- Brad Morrison, Brandeis International Business School (2022-2025)
- Ross Morrone, The Rabb School of Continuing Studies (2020-2023)
- Stephanie Murray, Science Division (2021-2024)
- Jerome Tharaud (Fall)/Dorothy Kim (Spring), Humanities Division (2022-2023)
- Bonnie Chen, Undergraduate Representative
- Hana Miller, Undergraduate Representative
- Sara Beth Gable, Graduate Representative