2021-2022 Faculty Activity Report
The Faculty Activity Report (FAR) has moved from Sage to Workday! This year marks the first stage of moving the FAR into Workday. We have simplified the data entry process for this transitional year, while work continues to develop a FAR that will be integrated with the ScholarWorks data repository and other Brandeis systems in the future.
Access the FAR in Workday
To access the Activity Report in Workday, use either of the following methods:
- You will receive an email from Workday notifying you that “A Task Awaits You” to complete the Faculty Activity Report. Click the link in the email, log into Workday, then simply click the orange 'Get Started' button.
- If you are already logged into Workday, click the task in your Workday inbox, then click the orange 'Get Started' button.
An important note about Saving and "Timing Out"
Workday will time out after 20 minutes of inactivity. To avoid losing work click the 'Save for Later' button if you will be away from the session for any length of time. The unfinished report will remain in your Workday inbox until you complete and submit it.
Activity Report Navigation
There are just three sections to navigate through the Faculty Activity Report in Workday. The Workday “Job Aid” contains helpful screen shots of each step.
1. Welcome to the 2021-2022 Faculty Activity Report
The majority of the Faculty Activity Report consists of the questions listed in this section. Simply scroll through to answer each question. You may type directly into the provided text boxes or cut and paste from another source. There is no limit on the amount of text that can be included. You may download a copy of the questions, should you want to review and prepare your answers prior to completing the FAR in Workday.
Specific items of note as you complete the questions:
- During this transition year, you will simply list (or cut and paste) your Scholarship, Awards and Honors, and Service details and they will be transferred into ScholarWorks for you, as we prepare to launch that system later this semester. You should no longer enter these into Sage, as of February 28!
- Links to view data provided by the Registrar and the Office of Research Administration are embedded in the sections on instructional activities and grants, respectively. When clicked, each link will open a new browser tab where you can review your data. Use the browser tabs you have opened to toggle between the data and back to activity report screen to comment as needed, and continue your report.
You do not need to complete your activity report in a single sitting. Click “Save for Later” at the bottom of your screen so you can pick up where you left off when you return. The link to the report will remain in your Workday inbox.
2. Upload a Current CV
Upload your CV by selecting the file or dragging and dropping a file into the open box. Click "Next".
3. Review and Submit
Please review your answers carefully before clicking the “Submit” button. You will not be able to edit your report after it is submitted. To make a change before you submit, simply go back to the “Welcome to the 2021-22 Faculty Activity Report" section via the left navigation menu, and scroll through to edit your answers. When you have completed your changes and are ready to submit, return to “Review and Submit” via the left navigation menu. You may also “Save for Later” if you are not quite ready to submit, and the report will remain in your Workday inbox until you submit it.
Once you click "Submit," the activity report is locked, and the final report is shared with your department or program head and Dean’s office. You will receive a confirmation email that will include a PDF of your final report.
Activity Reports are due by March 31, 2022.
For questions relating to your activity report content or deadlines, contact your Dean's office:
- School of Arts and Sciences: Josette McWilliams, 781-736-3454
- Heller School: Joanne Beswick, 781-736-3931
- International Business School: Kelly Forde, 781-736-7149
For technical questions, email the Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org.