Faculty requesting an academic leave, as outlined in the Faculty Handbook (pdf)*, should complete the Faculty Academic Leave Request Form (see instructions below). Requests for leaves under the Family and Medical Leave Act should be made through the Office of Human Resources.
Instructions for Completing the Faculty Academic Leave Request Form
- Applicants seeking a leave request must complete pages 1 and 2 of the Faculty Academic Leave Request Form and submit it to the Department Chair (A&S) or Program Director and/or Associate Dean (Heller, Business School) within the department or school internally set deadline, usually sometime in the fall.
- The Department Chair or Program Director/Associate Dean will review the Applicant’s submission, complete page 3 of the form, and submit it to the School Dean for consideration, within the department or school internally set deadline.
- The School Dean will review the request and submit their recommendation on page 4 of the form to the Provost no later than November 15.
- The Provost will review the request and make a determination on page 4 of the form. The Provost’s Office will notify the School Dean of the determination no later than January 15.
- Provost Carol A. Fierke
- About the Office
- Current Searches
- Provost Letters to the Community
- Faculty Resources
- ScholarWorks Faculty Profiles
- Graduate Student Outcomes
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Diversity at Brandeis
- Faculty Governance Task Force
- Faculty Handbook Committees
- Funding Opportunities
- Guidelines, Policies and Reports
- The Framework for the Future