Office of the Provost

Administrative News: Karen Muncaster, VP of the Rabb School, Going to Boston College

May 1, 2019

Dear Brandeis Community Members,

I am writing to share with you that Dr. Karen Muncaster, vice president of the Rabb School of Continuing Studies since 2014 and the current interim vice president for student affairs, has been named dean of the Woods College of Advancing Studies at Boston College. Karen has been a dynamic and superbly effective leader whose entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take on any new responsibility will be greatly missed. I know you all will join me in wishing her well in her next chapter at her alma mater.

As vice president of the Rabb School, which serves more than 2,000 students each year, Karen has grown our online Graduate Professional Studies (GPS) program, which now awards master’s degrees in 12 subject areas, the Brandeis Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (BOLLI), our extensive precollege programs, and our summer and non-degree continuing studies programs. At GPS, Karen developed a strategic vision and action plan that positioned GPS as a leader in online education while creating quality programs and policies for students, and helped its approximately 90 industry-based faculty members develop their curricula and teaching.

Karen will continue in her current roles through June 30. Over the coming weeks I will work to establish a process to appoint an interim vice president for the Rabb School and launch a search for a new permanent VP. As you know we already have a national search underway for a new vice provost for student affairs who we hope will begin by the start of the fall semester.

We will identify a time to celebrate Karen’s many achievements very soon and will share that information with you as soon as the date and time are finalized.

Best regards,

Lisa M. Lynch, Provost