Process to Apply
Process to Apply
Candidates must submit application material via e-mail only with pdf attachments.
Application Deadline: 5:00p.m. EST on Friday, January 7, 2022.
Application Addresses: RGB@RICEHEARD.COM (Robert G. Bannish, Trustee) and LJC@RICEHEARD.COM (Lisa Cunningham, Grants Coordinator)
Candidates should submit the Application Materials in one e-mail with pdf attachments (if possible) which includes:
- The applicant's project or study contemplated of no more than three pages.
- Curriculum vitae showing the applicant to be a university teacher or a graduate of a college or university progressing toward a teaching career on the college or university level.
- Detailed Budget indicating the estimated travel expenses to be incurred in carrying out the project. Equipment and materials are not permissible expenses.
- Completed Candidate Information Form.
- Two letters of recommendation from fellow faculty members, professors or similar persons, one of which must be from the dean of faculty or the chairperson of the candidate's department, who can speak to both the candidate and the project. Please note that the supporting letters must be on official letterhead.
Applications received after the Application Deadline will not be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
In an agreement with the Internal Revenue Service, the trustees have set forth certain procedures for making grants from the Foundation. Specifically, the trustees have agreed to make grants with the concurrence of the college or university with which the applicant is affiliated and will remain affiliated for the duration of the project. Such school will be responsible for supervising the entire project. No grant administration fees are permitted. The actual payment will be made to the school, which will then disburse funds to the recipient only for purposes related to the project and only as set forth in his or her budget. Grant funds will be disbursed to the school of the award winner no later than October 31, 2022. Projects must be completed no later than May 31, 2024*. No exceptions or extensions will be made to this schedule. Finally, the recipient must agree to make a brief report to the trustees within twelve months of the completion of the project.
Award winners will be notified by e-mail by Friday, April 4, 2022. Non-winners will be notified by e-mail shortly thereafter.
The trustees look forward to hearing from you with your application.
* Normally projects must be completed by May 31 of the year following the award. Due, however, to continued COVID-related travel restrictions, an additional year has been granted.